1 a large bomb used to demolish extensive areas (as a city block)
2 an unsually successful hit with widespread popularity and huge sales (especially a movie or play or recording or novel) [syn: megahit, smash hit]
- Finnish: korttelipommi
film or book, that sustains exceptional and widespread popularity and achieves enormous sales
- Finnish: jymymenestys
- Russian: блокбастер
large firecracker type of fireworks
- An exceptional event: a blockbuster trade in baseball.
Blockbuster can refer to:
- Blockbuster (entertainment), a term for a successful entertainment production
- Blockbuster Inc., a DVD and video game rental chain in North/South America, Europe, and Australia.
- "Block Buster!", a 1973 chart-topping song by British rock band Sweet
- Blockbuster (comics), a DC Comics super villain
- Blockbuster (Marauder) and Blockbuster (Man-Brute), two Marvel Comics super villains
- Blockbusters (US game show), a US television game show from 1980 to 1982 and again in 1987.
- Blockbusters (UK game show), a UK television game show derived from its American counterpart.
- Blockbuster, another name for a professional wrestling move originally known as a Flying Neckbreaker.
- Blockbuster bomb, used in World War II by the Royal Air Force and the United States Air Force
- Blockbuster drug, a drug with annual sales of at least $1 billion
blockbuster in German: Blockbuster
blockbuster in French: Blockbuster (homonymie)
blockbuster in Japanese: ブロックバスター
blockbuster in Kölsch: Shtroohße Fääjor (Watt ėßß datt?)
blockbuster in Russian: Блокбастер